Stupid, stupid, stupid...............
- 4 Salmon Fillets(skinless), about 4-5 oz. each
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 c. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Large Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. White Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 c. Olive oil
- 1 t. Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 t. Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 t. Sugar
Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet(also, begin cooking your pasta at this stage). Pat salmon fillets dry and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Press into fillets. Place the salmon in the hot skillet and sear to a golden brown on each side. Remove the fillets from the pan and place on an oven safe baking sheet. Finish cooking the fish in the oven(salmon is done when it flakes easily and is cooked through, but just. Don't over cook!).
While the salmon is cooking in the oven, pour the tomato vinaigrette into the hot skillet and let simmer for about 1 minute, or until the tomatoes start to wrinkle. Remove from heat.
Serve the salmon on top of a bed of pasta and spoon the tomato vinaigrette on top of the fish.