Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting

This frosting is so good! You get lots of sweet, strawberry flavor and such a pretty light pink color. I think this would be equally good, if not better made with cream cheese instead of butter. I will have to try it sometime and report back, but for now....this is going on top of every cupcake I make!

Ingredients:
  • 1 c. Whole Frozen Strawberries, thawed
  • 1 c.(2 sticks) unsalted Butter, slightly cold but soft
  • 1/8 t. coarse Salt
  • 3 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
  • 1/2 t. Clear Vanilla Extract
Place the strawberries in a food processor and puree until smooth. Strain out the seeds and place the pureed strawberries in a small saucepan. Heat the strawberries on medium/high heat until simmering. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium/low heat, or until the strawberries have reduced by half. Let the strawberries cool and reserve 1/4 c. The remaining can be put away for another use.

In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and the salt until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the powdered sugar. Increase the speed and beat until the butter and sugar are well combined. Add the vanilla and 1/4 c. of the strawberry puree to the mixer and mix until just combined, so that the frosting is thick and dense.
Keep refrigerated after use.

3 comments:

  1. I just found this recipe on google. Looks the best, I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOVE your frosting! My fresh strawberry cupcakes were not as good. Good thing your frosting saved them. My daughter's softball team loved them. Thanks again. Now I just need to know how to make those amazing purple candy apples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I've got a new cupcake stall and I've been looking for the perfect strawberry frosting this is great so gonna mention this in my Blog!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete