Thursday, March 7, 2013

Peanut Dipping Sauce

 
I figure as long as I'm posting Asian style recipes, whats one more? And this is one recipe you really need. I promise. Peanut Sauce. Dip your chicken Satay in it. Eat it over rice. Me? I like to toss it with some Lo Mein noodles and crushed peanuts.
This recipe is so simple and quick to throw together, which you'll appreciate on those busy weeknights where your kids are demanding that you feed them(the nerve, right?)and you havent planned anything for dinner. Not that that ever happens here.
You don't belive me?
Fine. It happens.
But at least I have Peanut Noodles to turn to when it does.


Ingredients:
 
1 Can Coconut Milk
1-2 T. Red Curry Paste(depending on your spicy tolerance level)
3/4 C. Peanut Butter
1/2 T. Salt
2/3 C. Sugar
2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 C. Water
 
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk together. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to medium. Whisk constantly for 4-5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment